Histotechnology program students will be selected on the basis of adequate educational background and medical experience. A bachelor's degree in the biological, allied health or other science-related field, with a cumulative GPA of approximately 2.75, is required for acceptance into the master's degree program. The student should have successfully completed the minimum science courses required for a bachelor's degree in biological sciences. Prerequisite coursework will include mathematics, English composition, general chemistry, organic and/or biochemistry and biological science. Anatomy, histology and microbiology coursework is recommended but not mandatory for acceptance.
Admission is granted on a rolling basis.
Candidates for the Histotechnology program must provide the following credentials:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. institution or an international equivalent.
- Completion of one year each of general biology, chemistry, physics, and organic chemistry with laboratories and grades of C or above; anatomy, histology, and microbiology are recommended, but not mandatory.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher to be competitive.
- Official General Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores at or above the 50th percentile.
In addition to these credentials, students must also submit the following documents:
- Completed application form (PDF file)
- Math/Science GPA calculation form (PDF file)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript from all colleges and universities attended or where coursework was attempted or taken
- Self-assessment essays:
- Discuss goals, conditions or career applications that motivate you to pursue graduate studies at Drexel University College of medicine.
- What are you most important accomplishments?
- What do you expect to achieve through this program?
Application Deadlines and Fees
- Application fee: $65 (check or money order payable to Drexel University or pay application fee online)
- Application cycle: Starts October 2013 for August 2014 matriculation
- GRE school code 2194, department code 0215
- Application deadline: Friday, June 13, 2014
Download the Histotechnology program application. (PDF file)
Note: Save the application file to your computer before using the typewriter function in Adobe Acrobat.
Download Acrobat Reader
Tuition for the Current Academic Year
Tuition information for the Histotechnology program is available on the Drexel Central website.
Financial Aid Information
Financial aid is available from many sources, such as the federal government and private organizations, or from the University itself. Financial aid may be in the form of loans, grants, scholarships or part-time employment. For information regarding financing your education, please visit Drexel Central.
Apply Online Today!
Back to Top