As an early-assurance program to Drexel University College of Medicine, qualified candidates are granted interviews by the medical school admissions committee. The interview will take place on the Queen Lane campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
If an applicant is denied consideration into the DPMS program, the Office of Professional Studies in the Health Sciences will consider the application for one of the alternate post-baccalaureate programs that might be more suited to the applicant's credentials.
About the Drexel Pathway to Medical School program.
Drexel Pathway to Medical School Program Admission Requirements
Candidates for admission to the Drexel Pathway to Medical School program must provide the following credentials:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university or an international equivalent
- Completion of one year of biology, chemistry, physics, and organic chemistry with laboratories
- Completion of one year of English literature and behavioral sciences (psychology, sociology and philosophy) courses
- Approaching a 2.90 undergraduate math/science and overall GPA
- A minimum MCAT score of 20 with no section below a 6 on the most recent exam
- Math/Science GPA calculation form
- Must be citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Demonstration of social or economic disadvantaged status (this may or may not include underrepresented minorities in the health professions)
Applying to the Drexel Pathway to Medical School Program
- Application fee: $65 (check or money order payable to Drexel University or pay application fee online)
- Application deadline: Friday, April 25, 2014 for summer 2014 matriculation (all application materials MUST be received by this date to be considered for the upcoming academic year.)
Download the Drexel Pathway to Medical School program application (PDF file).
Note: Save the application file to your computer before using the typewriter function in Adobe Acrobat.
Download Acrobat Reader
Tuition for the Current Academic Year
Drexel Pathway to Medical School Program Tuition
Financial Aid Information
Financial assistance may be available to students in the Office of Professional Studies in the Health Sciences programs. Learn about financial aid opportunities for the Drexel Pathway to Medical School program.
For more information, please contact us at MedicalSciences@DrexelMed.Edu or 215-762-4692.
[Back to Top]
Visit Professional Studies on Facebook.