All Drexel Pathway to Medical School program candidates will be required to have a formal interview with the selection committee in Philadelphia prior to final acceptance. Applications are accepted year round. Qualifying candidates are granted interviews.
If you are denied consideration into the DPMS program, the Office of Professional Studies in the Health Sciences will consider your application for one of our alternate post-baccalaureate programs, more suited to your application credentials.
Learn more about the Drexel Pathway to Medical School program.
Applying to the Drexel Pathway to Medical School Program
- Application fee: $65 (check or money order payable to Drexel University)
- Application deadline: Friday, April 26, 2013 (All application materials MUST be received by this date to be considered for the upcoming academic year.)
Download the Drexel Pathway to Medical School program application (PDF file).
Note: Save the application file to your computer before using the typewriter function in Adobe Acrobat.
Download Acrobat Reader
Drexel Pathway to Medical School Program Eligibility Requirements
- One year of biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics (each with laboratory), and one year of English literature and behavioral sciences (psychology, sociology and philosophy) courses.
- Approaching a 2.90 undergraduate math/science and overall GPA.
- A minimum MCAT score of 20 with no section below a 6 on the most recent exam set.
- Completed BCPM GPA calculation form.
- Must be United States citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Demonstration of social or economic disadvantaged status. This may or may not include underrepresented minorities in the health professions.
Tuition for the 2012-2013 Academic Year
Drexel Pathway to Medical School Program Tuition
Financial Aid Information
Financial assistance may be available to students in the Office of Professional Studies in the Health Sciences programs through loans such as the Stafford Student Loan and alternative loans. The Perkins Loan may be available to students during the second year of study. Work-study programs may also be available.
Applicants are encouraged to expedite the financial aid process by submitting a FAFSA form by the University deadline of May 1. The FAFSA code for the University is 003256.
For more information, please contact:
Drexel University College of Medicine Office of Financial Aid
2900 Queen Lane, Suite G27
Philadelphia, PA 19129
For more information please contact us at MedicalSciences@drexelmed.edu or 215-762-4692.
[Back to Top]
Visit Professional Studies on Facebook.