Name, Logo, Trademarks Introduction
The brand identity of Drexel University College of Medicine consists of and is represented by all the design and verbal elements that identify the College to the public, such as our name, trademarks, and logos.
Important note: As of September 2012, Drexel University has adopted a new graphic identity system, including new logos for all Drexel schools and colleges. There is also a Drexel Medicine logo specifically for the clinical practices. Please contact the College of Medicine Marketing & Communications Department at 215-255-7330 for the correct logo for your materials.
All printed communications should carry the full name "Drexel University College of Medicine." In running text, the full name must be used on first reference. Once the full name has been used in a given document, one of these shortened forms may be used:
- "the College of Medicine" or "the College" (if other Drexel colleges are not mentioned in the same text)
- "Drexel Medicine" may be used in reference to the clinical practices.
- "Drexel Med" may be used internally. It should not be used in brochures or other public materials.
- Avoid the acronym DUCOM except for internal messages.
"Drexel College of Medicine" (without University) is not correct usage.
The Drexel University College of Medicine logo or the Drexel Medicine logo must be placed on all printed materials issued by or in support of the College or the clinical practices, as well as on all advertisements, posters, brochures, flyers, invitations, syllabi, newsletters, educational materials, pamphlets and annual reports.
The logos must be reproduced from an official logo file. Please contact the Marketing & Communications Department at 215-255-7330 for the correct logo for your materials.
Drexel University College of Medicine has used various tag lines over the years to describe the organization and reinforce its positioning statement. Tag lines may not be added to the new logo. The logo must be reproduced exactly as is from the file provided. If you wish to use a tag line or slogan elsewhere on a publication or giveaway, you must receive approval from the Marketing & Communications Department.
College of Medicine Trademarks
In order to establish and maintain their uniqueness, Drexel University College of Medicine has trademarked the words, phrases, logos and other elements that distinguish its brands.
The intent to trademark is signified by the ™ symbol. Essentially, the symbol says "we consider this to be our mark." (In order to simplify, we now use the ™ symbol, whereas in the past we have used SM.) If you are thinking about filing a trademark application, please consult with the Marketing & Communications Department at 215-255-7330.
Once the mark has been registered by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, the registration symbol ® is used instead.
The appropriate symbol (TM or R) should appear next to the trademark the first time it appears in a document. This includes reports, advertisements, flyers, sponsorships, websites and any other publicly available materials. The right to maintain a given trademark depends in part on its being used.
The following marks have been claimed, applied for or registered. This list will be updated as new applications and registrations take place:
- Drexel Cardiology™
- Drexel Center for Genetics and Fetal Medicine™
- Drexel Center for Women's Health™
- Drexel Centers for Digestive Health™
- Drexel Convenient Care Center®
- Drexel CT Surgery™
- Drexel Dermatology®
- Drexel ECG Associates™
- Drexel Emergency Medicine™
- Drexel Endocrinology Associates™
- Drexel Eye Physicians™
- Drexel Family Practice™
- Drexel Family Practice Associates®
- Drexel Gastroenterology Associates™
- Drexel Hospitalists™
- Drexel Infectious Disease™
- Drexel Medcast®
- Drexel Internal Medicine™
- Drexel Med®
- Drexel Medcast®
- Drexel Medicine®
- Drexel Nephrology®
- Drexel Neurological Associates™
- Drexel Nurse Midwifery Service™
- Drexel Ob/Gyn Associates™
- Drexel Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery™
- Drexel Orthopedic Associates™
- Drexel Otolaryngology™
- Drexel Partnership Clinic™
- Drexel Pathology Lab™
- Drexel Primary Care Adult™
- Drexel Psychiatric Associates™
- Drexel Pulmonary Associates™
- Drexel Radiation Oncology™
- Drexel Rheumatology Associates™
- Drexel Sleep Center™
- Drexel Student Health Center™
- Drexel Surgical Associates™
- Drexel Transplant Associates™
- Drexel University College of Medicine® *
- Drexel University Physicians®
- Drexel Vascular AssociatesSM
- ELATE at Drexel®
- Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine®
- ICELA at Drexel®
- In the tradition of Woman's Medical College of Pennsylvania and Hahnemann Medical College®*
- Institute for Women's Health and Leadership®
- Hahnemann Medical College®
- Hahnemann University®* ¥
- Linking technology to a tradition of caring®
- Medical College of Pennsylvania®*
- Mini-Med Doc for a Day®
- The Mini-Med Experience™
- Mini-Med Spring Break®
- Mini-Med Summer Camp®
- V2020 Equality in Sight®
- Vision 2020®
- Vision 2020: An American Conversation About Women and Leadership®
- Vision2020 Equality in Sight®
- Woman's Medical College®*
* Do not use the ® symbol with the name of the College alone. Use it only if the College name is used as a brandname; for example: Drexel University College of Medicine® Test Prep; Hahnemann Medical College® Scholarships
¥ Do not use the ® symbol with Hahnemann University Hospital. Use it only if "Hahnemann University" is being used in the name of an established scholarship or educational program, such as the Hahnemann University® Scholarship.
Whenever we use the name Drexel University College of Medicine, the official disclaimer must appear somewhere in the same document. The disclaimer gives notice of the legal relationship between Drexel University and DUCOM:
Drexel University College of Medicine is a separate not-for-profit subsidiary of Drexel University.
When the name is used in the context of clinical services, the disclaimer includes a second sentence: Drexel University is not involved in patient care.
Drexel University College of Medicine is a separate not-for-profit subsidiary of Drexel University. Drexel University is not involved in patient care.
When a trademark is used, such as Drexel Medicine® or Drexel Dermatology™, the disclaimer begins with the ownership of the trademark and is rephrased accordingly:
Drexel Medicine® is a registered trademark of Drexel University College of Medicine, a separate not-for-profit subsidiary of Drexel University. Drexel University is not involved in patient care.
Drexel Medicine® and Drexel Orthopedics™ are trademarks of Drexel University College of Medicine, a separate not-for-profit subsidiary of Drexel University. Drexel University is not involved in patient care.
The Drexel University College of Medicine seal is reserved for use as a symbol of the Alumni Association and may be approved by the Marketing & Communications Department for use in certain documents or publications intended for alumni. The seal may not be used on other materials representing the College of Medicine, including (but not limited to) research posters, abstract booklets, brochures, mailings or newsletters that are not intended specifically for alumni.