LGBTQI Online Training
Welcoming and Affirming Practice: LGBTQI and Cultural Competency is a 2.5 hour online course sponsored by a grant from SAMHSA.
The focus of this course is on helping you and your program be welcoming and affirming to all people who walk through your doors, and to respect and nurture diversity both in your colleagueas and those to whom you provide services. This training can serve as an overview for newer practitioners and programs, or as a review for those already practing these principles.
The LGBTQI training course consists of five parts:
- Reviewing Pennsylvania cultural competency standards and appreciating diversity
- Understanding terminology and the persons behind the descriptive words
- Exploring coming out, and the benefits of and barriers to this process
- Examining our own issues regarding sexuality and gender differences – our beliefs and values
- Discussing what we can do to be truly welcoming and affirming
In order to view and receive credit for this course, you must register.
Once your registration is complete, you may view the course by visiting the video link for the 2.5 hour training on LGBTQI and cultural competency.
LGBTQI Course Credit
Upon completion of the training, you will take the post-test in order to receive continuing education credits or a certificate of completion. The post-test is an interactive PDF that can be downloaded here.
To complete the post-test:
- The PDF is interactive (you can type directly into it). Fill it out, save the file, and email it to Joann Roesner.
- If you are unable to fill out the post-test, feel free to download it, print it out, complete it by hand and fax it to 215-289-2165.
- You need to pass the post-test with a score of 80%.
In order to earn continuing education credits for this course:
- You must complete the post-test.
- Either email or fax the completed test to Joann Roesner (Joann.Roesner@drexelmed.edu; fax: 215-289-2165).
- Submit a $30.00 check or credit card payment with your registration.
- After your post-test and fee are received, your certificate will be emailed to you.
Back to Top